“They are resisting the changes I am trying to implement!” It’s a common refrain when people don’t embrace a change with the speed or enthusiasm desired. Do you keep pushing, give up or call in the big guns? How you respond to resistance can doom the change to failure, or boost the chance of success.
As coaches, we introduce new ideas in many different contexts. Relying on positional authority (our role as coach), or calling on outside authority (the managers who hired us) isn't likely to get those ideas a fair hearing.
In this talk, Mike and Esther will help you see resistance from a new perspective. By understanding how much influence you have, what forces are interacting around you and seeing different ways to re-frame your issues you can still get your message across without “inflicting help” on others. Learning Outcomes:
- 1. Re-framing coaching problems by focusing on your relationships and sources of power other than positional power.
- 2. Understand the sources of power and their appropriate contexts
- 3. Real connections that make a real difference take time and real effort
- 4. The key factors that help us to connect to others
- 5. How to map and understand the relationships around you